Thursday, May 21, 2015

Leaving Williams, AZ headed for Vegas


Got up this morning, took a shower and washed my hair. Decided to leave the bandana and bandage off when we went to breakfast at Old Smoky's, a family owned and run cafe a couple of blocks from our motel, The Lodge on Route 66

I could tell the waitress was trying not to look at my long row of stitches starting above my eyebrow and into my hairline so I told her what happened. That began a conversation with her mom, the owner, about where they had moved to Arizona from, San Diego; and places we should come back and visit. I found out she had never been to Petrified Forest National Park so I showed her some of my photos. She's going now!
After a totally uneventful 2 hours on the road we decide to look for lunch. We found a place in Henderson called Great Harvest Bread Co. Freshly baked bread, cheery service, free samples  and delicious, reasonably priced sandwiches. We had hit the jackpot!
We're now in our room at the Vdara in Las Vegas, no smoking or gambling, yes!
Our room at the Vdara
Had dinner at Joseph Serrano in the Aria and as usual (we've been here 3 or 4 times) the food and service were wonderful, I don't know how they do it. 
White Anchovies with Piquillo pepper and parsley oil

Spanish Tortilla
Fried Crispy Gambas
Black Rice
OMG yum!!!
Then we came back to our room to this beautiful view. 








No comments:

Post a Comment